The Capitol Chapter of OSAF invites you to join OSAF members for two days of Forestry: The Sustainable Solution. If you have wanted to learn more about forestry in Oregon, now’s your chance, and you don’t have to be an OSAF member to attend!
What can you expect to learn? On October 7, it starts with wildlife. You’ll go on a virtual tour featuring wildlife in a managed forest followed by a panel of wildlife biologists and researchers who will talk about fishers, fish, collaboration, and wildlife.
On October 8, for the plenary session Dr. Tamara Cushing will discuss how forestry is the solution to the challenges facing society. The other sessions will feature discussions on evolving technology, water, research, and policy, and current forest sector issues.
Early-bird deadline is October 1, 2020. SAF Member ($50 early-bird), Non-Member ($75 early-bird) and student/golden members ($0) registration fees include access to all meeting sessions, awards ceremony, tours, poster sessions and business meeting. After October 1, 2020, an additional $10 fee is assessed.
The registration fees, form and agenda can be found at: https://tinyurl.com/OSAF2020. New this year: OSAF Video Contest!
Because of social distancing guidelines, we are missing the stories of how we are all spending our summers, which is why we are kicking off the 1st OSAF member video contest!
What can the videos feature?
Anything forestry related—whether a “day in the life of a forester,” a summer project you did on your tree farm, a trip to a nearby state forest, or the great Oregon forests we manage. We are looking for amateur videos but be as creative as you like. Showcase your work, highlight our dedication to forest management, inspire our members, and, most importantly, have fun!
Encourage your non-member peers to submit a video. We will select one non-SAF member video and will cover one year of their OSAF annual dues when they join SAF.
- Forestry related theme – Can be work related, recreational, family event, or a special location
- Video length not to exceed three minutes
- Anyone in the forestry or natural resources profession and immediate family members eligible
- Individuals, small group, or chapters can submit
- Video can be as simple or detailed as you want – Picture montage or a fully edited video with narration and sound
- Videos are due by September 27 at 5:00 p.m.
- Prizes awarded to Top 3 OSAF member entries and one non-member entry.
- Winners to be chosen and videos shown at the OSAF Annual meeting.
When ready to submit your video, please email to Andrea Watts (email@example.com) for details on how to upload it to a DropBox folder.